Change Your Details
HS Lapel Pin
Advertise in HS
Link To Us
Full Site Map
Our Sister Site:
This is True®
We Want to Hear Your True Stories
Did someone help
restore your faith in humanity? Save your life? Help someone you know?
Go out of their way to make your life easier? Tell us about it!
How To Submit Your Story
- Read all of these guidelines!
- Read some of our sample stories.
- Tell a story!
Stories have one theme, with a beginning, a middle, and an end. How
will you inspire others to take a similar action?
- Write about 500 words.
All stories publish between 400 and 500 words. If your story is too
long, we'll return it and ask you to shorten it; if it's too short we'll
ask you to lengthen it. Up to around 625 words, we'll edit it
- Send your story as plain text email.
Do not send an "attached file" such as a word processor document.
Use a blank line between paragraphs.
- Use the story title, your name or the date as the subject of the email.
You must put one of those three items in the email subject line.
- Include your name and location.
Be sure to include the state/province and country where
you currently live. Please also include your telephone number
in case we have any last-minute questions.
- Send your story to the 'submit' address below.
- Don't submit stories you found somewhere else. We want
your stories told in your words.
- Don't Preach. We don't accept stories that push specific religious
faiths or ideologies. Our mission is to show that people are good.
- Don't use the word "hero". Your story should make the reason you
think of the person as a "hero" clear.
By sending us a story, you warrant (promise) that:
- You wrote the story yourself
- Your story is true, and you know the facts first-hand
- There is no legal reason you cannot submit your story to us for publication
- It doesn't defame any person or impinge on the rights of others
- If you claim any copyright on your story, by submitting it to us you
grant us the non-exclusive, royalty-free right to publish it in any
form and in any medium, electronic or print, and/or license others to do so.
In exchange, we warrant that we will:
- Review your submission and, if it is accepted, edit it for publication
(we reserve the right to edit for publication, including length, clarity and flow.)
- Include your name as the author and the state where you live when it is
published unless you specifically ask that it not be included.
- We will not publish your email address with your story (but
we will include a URL for your web page if you specifically ask).
You don't have to be a polished writer. Our editors
will improve your story if it needs it.
Thanks for your submission! We appreciate your time and
effort, and look forward to reading your heroic story.
Please send your story to
This address is for story submissions only! All story submissions
will be acknowledged.promo.html
Comments about HeroicStories should be sent to